Eye and ear protection is required while on the range.
Membership Card must be displayed at all times while on Club Property. NO Archery hunting anytime!
You must be a member to shoot at Hollidaysburg Consolidated Sportsmen’s Assn. unless we are holding a club sanctioned event and in most cases non-members are allowed to participate.
If Hollidaysburg Consolidated Sportsmen’s Assn. holds an event that is members only, notice will be given.
Examples of club sanctioned events but not limited to: USPSA, IDPA, Sporting Clays, Cowboy Action, Annual events.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE — USE OF FACILITIES AND GROUNDS THE HOLLIDAYSBURG CONSOLIDATED SPORTSMEN’S ASSOCIATION, INC.
The facilities and grounds shall be maintained for the use and pleasure of the members of the Association. Be extremely careful when entering or exiting range impact areas.
The following rules and regulations governing the use of the facilities and grounds are set up to ensure the equal rights and safety of all members.
These rules may be altered or amended from time to time as the need may arise. Any such amendment shall be subject to the approval of the majority of the members of the Board of Directors.
1. One must have a current membership card in his/her possession and is expected to comply with signs and notices posted. When in doubt, the caretaker or any member with a current membership may require any person making use of the Association’s facilities or grounds to show a current membership card.
2. Non-members may or may not be eligible to participate in an event depending on the event rules and additional fees may apply.
3. All persons shall have due regard for the rights, safety, and privileges of others.
4. Profanity or indecent conduct of any kind is prohibited
5. Consuming alcoholic beverages and intoxication on the premises will not be tolerated during the shooting times established by the various committees.
6. Children must be accompanied by an adult to ensure their safety.
7. Wading, swimming, playing in, or throwing of refuse in the pond is prohibited.
8. No furniture or equipment shall be borrowed or removed from the premises of the Association without the permission of the majority of the Board of Directors.
9. Domestic animals must be under the owners care and control at all times.
10. Any party or parties, members or non-members who rent the clubhouse for their use, shall pay a fee in accordance with the fee schedule determined by a majority of the members of the Board of Directors of the Association.
11. Individuals or groups representing the Association in any competitive events will use the Association’s name as heretofore mentioned in Article I of the Constitution.
12. No firearms shall be discharged on the premises (legal hunting excepted) except at the ranges provided.
13. Only suitable targets for the range being used will be acceptable. All targets must be kept within the designated shooting areas on the ranges. The willful destruction of club property (shooting up signs, high caliber rifle/firearms at steel targets, etc will not be tolerated and will be grounds for immediate expulsion from club grounds and revocation of club membership.
14. All outdoor shooting ranges will be closed during the legal hunting hours of the 2 weeks of traditional center fire rifle deer season as set forth by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. This is the only time that hunting of any kind is permitted on club property.
15. Firearms must be unloaded and either cased or with actions left open or in an approved gun rack when not in actual use. The National Rifle Association, The American Trapshooting Association, and The National Skeet Shooting Association safety rules shall be enforced.
16. The National Archery Association, The Pennsylvania State Archery Association, and The National Field Archers Association safety rules shall be enforced on the various archery ranges.
17. The club membership and majority of Board of Directors shall reserve the right to open or to close the Association grounds for the hunting of deer, turkey or other game.
18. The caretaker shall see that these rules are enforced at all times and is authorized to collect membership and event fees.
19. The caretaker shall receive instructions only from the Board of Directors of the Association.
20. The Association is not responsible for any injuries sustained upon the premises, or for any articles stolen.
21. All complaints or suggestions shall be brought to the Association’s Board of Directors.
22. Recreational use of motorcycles, ATV’s and snowmobiles is prohibited.
23. Due to fire concerns, the use of any type tracer or incendiary ammunition or the use of steel core bullets on any steel/metal targets is strictly prohibited.
24. Positively no pistol or rifle shooting on any skeet or trap field except field #2 unless it is a scheduled / sanctioned event. All pistol and rifle shooting on field #2 must be from within the block wall area on field.
And always obey these 4 major gun safety rules. A) Know your target and what is behind it. B) Treat all guns as if they were loaded. C) Keep your finger off of the trigger until you have made the decision to shoot. D) Never point the gun at anything that you do not want to destroy including yourself.
The Rules and Regulations amended March 13, 2017, superseding and revoking all former Rules and Regulations.